Saturday 5 December 2020

Film Scans from my Archives. (Set 3).

 During the latest "Lockdown" I'm unable to get out & about so I looked into my archives and found an old CD with a few scanned slide and negative film images.

These are three very eclectic images with nothing in common.

(Apologies if I've used these pics in earlier blog posts.) 

This is "Marnie", a favourite model when I used to take 
a lot of portraits in my home studio.  She was one of my daughter's
schoolfriends and a lovely model.
(Taken on my Pentax Spotmatic + 105 Takumar Lens).

A very stormy day on Derwent Water in the English Lake District.  Taken from a ferry
crossing the lake, looking towards "the Jaws of Borrowdale". 

Sunflowers in my back garden.

 The above two pics taken on my Olympus OM1n + 35-75 Zuiko Lens.




5 comments:

  1. Great to see your eclectic images! A superb portrait, and model and love the stormy photo on the Lake District, very atmospheric. Sunflowers always remind me of my son when he was little and we had a 'Who Can Grow the Tallest Sunflower Competition' Needless to say he won. I'm sure someone or something must have got at my plant! Not that I'm a bad loser, of course.
    Cheers David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, thanks for commenting. I grow Sunflowers most years, they're so easy and don't need much attention. But this year something went wrong, or something got at them. As the flowers were developing they all just wilted and died. Nothing visible on them so I dug them up, expecting to find Vine Weavel larvae had feasted on the roots, a problem I get from time to time. But nothing visible.

      Delete
  2. Each photo demonstrates your immense talent as a photographer. I’m quite taken by the marvelous detail in the sunflowers which, along with the others are fantastic full screen images. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ann, I appreciate & value your opinion.
    Well, the UK is embarking on a Covid vaccination program, starting g tomorrow. Is this the light at the end of the tunnel? I hope so but, just as many people have ignored all the Covid restrictions, I fear many will refuse the vaccination.
    Stay safe Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same concerns here of course. Wishing you all the best for a better new year! Let’s hope we can climb out of this ugly deep hole called covid!

      Delete