Wednesday 18 September 2019

Welton Village (Revisited).

We go to Welton to visit my wife's sister, while they're chatting I take Suzi for a walk around the village.  I  take my camera too.

On this walk I looked for things (or viewpoints) I haven't included on a previous post from Welton.


The village has quite a lot of new, modern housing but this is the old centre
with the Black Bull public house.
"The Mustard Seed", a charity shop run by St.Marys Church next door. 

St. Marys Church.



A Public Footpath runs through the churchyard, which I followed.

I passed some old headfstones.

The path lead me out of the Churchyard & into Church Lane.

Around the corner I spotted these carved owls on a wall top, they where carved
by Sarah Mitchell.  I introduced myself and she kindly allowed me to photograph them.
I also spotted the sign on her vehicle which is shown below.


The local Dentist!!

This Post Box appears to be a current, modern version
but the sign on it baffled me.

Another post box, for incoming mail perhaps?



A very modern Co-op store.

This lovely double fronted stone house is a "Double Takeaway" !!
I found myself back where I started, some people waiting for a bus.
The bus arrived and took them on their way.  To Lincoln?

Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 14-42 EZ Mzuiko Lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment