Friday 19 October 2018

North Thoresby Railway Station (Art Filters).

Like many photographers I have a camera with various "Art Filters" and I'm certain that I'm not the only person not to try them. So I thought I would explore them all, some were very gimmicky, others were quite good.
Here are one or two I used at the Lincolnshire Wolds  Railway's station at North Thoresby.

(Click on the first image to view them all large on your monitor)

"Straight image" processed from a Rawfile.

"Diorama" in camera filter. 
(It applies soft focus at the top & bottom of the frame + a saturation boost)

In camera "Light Sepia" (with some post process to control it somewhat).

"Light Sepia"....as above.

"Soft Focus" with some post process.

My final thoughts?  I think that, on a dull day the "diorama "
filter might brighten an image up as it produces quite a boost
to the colour saturation. The "Soft Focus" could be used to good 
effect with a high key portrait.
The only in camera filter I might use is the "Light Sepia" but it does need quite an amount of post process control.
Which of these images do I like?
The first "straight" image.



Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 12-100 Pro lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment