Thursday 24 August 2023

"Simply Mustangs UK" car club meeting.

 I had a 2nd visit to the monthly meeting of the "Simply Mustangs UK" owners meeting and they were celebrating a year since their beginning.

The lighting was a bit flat but the bright colours and shiny bodywork more than made up for that.

This 1964/5 model was just arriving.



The group were celebrating 1 year since their first meet up here.  Jan is cutting the cake and there were plenty of other treats.


A trophy the group won at a recent car show.




This chap proudly posed by his son's car.



The chap in the cap does regular video blogs of the cars and the policeman is the local bobby.

Someone tucking into the cake.

I was impressed by this Mustang's colours.



This couple sat in front of their Mustang enjoying coffee and gave me permission to
photograph under the bonnet. 

The engines on these Mustang cars are tightly squeezed into the engine bay!

Lurking beneath this bonnet was more than just horse power.


These are paintings of the owners own three cats.


Nikon Z50 + 16 - 50 lens.

12 comments:

  1. David, thank you so much for taking these fabulous photos. I've posted them into the Simply Mustangs group page and everyone says they're just brilliant.

    We're back there tomorrow (26th) and have some new attendees coming along. The unique Martini mustang may also make an appearance too, but you'll hear that one before you see it 😁. Hopefully, see you there. Thanks so much once again, Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I'm pleased people like the photo's. Don't know if I can make it tomorrow but will drop in on another meeting some time

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos; marvellous, meaty cars, David. Thank you! We have a vivid yellow mustang here in our village. If I remember, I'll take a photo of it next time I'm near its house and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val, that'll be interesting. I like photographing colourful subjects, as you've probably guessed.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant photos David. Thank you for the feature 😀.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words and for leaving a comment, pleased you enjoyed the pics. Your comment is anonymous but all comments are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren’t these all delightful photos, sharp and colorful in your classic style! I enjoy seeing any type of shiny, restored vehicle and these are special since I love vintage Mustangs. Once each month vintage cars park for the evening on the town square here, and it is always fun to stroll around and talk with the owners. One thing is for sure, and that is car owners love to talk about their cars and enjoy having their pictures taken. I must admit that I’ve never seen painted cats like you found! Now that is unique. Enjoy the approaching autumn and take care. As always, Ann K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Ann. Your right about the car owners talking about their cars, I've made one or two friends there already. Especially the couple who own the lovely blue Mustang with the cat paintings. I pass a link to my blog to the group organiser who puts it onto their Facebook page and, apparently; they're delighted with the pics. Boosts my views figure.
      September is almost here and a year since my operation for bowel cancer, this has been an awful year. Take care Ann. David.

      Delete
  6. Love the photos, David, and gosh - a local bobby. That's something I haven't seen for many a year. The cars are magnificent, such great colours a pleasure to see. I think I'll have to go out and polish my car! Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the car pics Mike, sorry if I caused you to clean your car!

      Delete
  7. Oh yes, I'll have the top car please, or the yellow one further down! Fab pictures of these Mustangs with their owners David x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love any of them but I'm told they're expensive to maintain.

    ReplyDelete