Saturday 5 October 2024

Ponies at the Windmill.

 Popcorn & I went to the monthly meeting of the "Simply Mustangs UK" car club.  It was at the Waltham Windmill site.  I took one or two photographs and went off to have a walk around the grounds.  The windmill is one of only a few in the UK with 6 sails but at the moment the sails & cap are off for extensive renovations.

I published a post of Waltham Windmill some time ago when it was in full working order, you can see it here  Waltham Windmill with all 6 sails.

The cap & sails are being renovated on site so I got a few photo's of them and hope to return in a few months time to see them being reinstalled.

"Simply Mustangs UK"

The Mustang cars were on the playing field at Waltham Windmill and already had quite
a crowd of interested onlookers,

They're all kept in pristine, shiny condition. 


Red, white & blue are my favourite colours in photo's.  

A lovely example of a Mustang car.

As well as the Mustang badge on the grill, this car had a poignant  memorial plate remembering 
a much loved dog.  Being a life long dog lover I had to include it here on this post.

A detail pic.

A couple of passengers including another Zippy!

Windmill renovations.

The mill tower, now without it's cap & sails.

The renovations are being done in conjunction with Historic England.
In the background is the Museum of Rural Life, another place to visit on site.

The cap now on the ground.


The sails are being stored in a compound nearby. 

Another view of them, with a pram in the foreground (?)

This is an exhibit from the Museum of Rural life, just a doll in a traditional pram.


This pic shows the heavy iron plates that hold the cap onto the top of the mill tower. 

A final view of the cap and sails in the background.

Nikon Z6.2 + 24-70mm lens.




7 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, David. Thank you so much for coming over. We're back at Cleethorpes in October through to April, so hopefully, see you and Popcorn there 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan (I'm assuming it's you). It was nice to see you all again. David.

      Delete
  2. Again David Lovely photos! 👍😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoy visiting the Mustangs. David.

      Delete
  3. I'm a bit late here, David, but I am fascinated by that windmill and will definitely take a look at your old post. Six sails is special indeed. The Mustangs are, as always, dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I remember it now, and see I commented. The little railway is sweet, but the windmill is very lovely and much taller than those we have here, I think. I notice it has windows in it too. I'm glad they're renovating it as it must be quite a monument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the mill photo's both then and now. I had a tour around It's floors a few years ago and posted photo's of that visit on my blog. Thanks for commenting Val.

      Delete