Tuesday 9 July 2019

More images from a great Armed Forces Celebration at Cleethorpes 2019.



These veterans got the loudest applause from the crowds.


Grimsby & District Pipe band.


The Sea Cadets Band.


A young member of the Sea Cadets from Training Ship Grimsby.

Air Training Corp.





After the parade had finished this tank went through it's paces to entertain the crowd.



Along the promenade were various stalls, rides and food outlets all the weekend.
After the parade finished I had a walk about to capture some of the people and atmosphere.





These two (humans) were getting sausages.

Local shops were decorated for the event, I had a look in the window of this hat shop.

Army, Navy & the RAF.

The flying display had just started.

I spotted this reflection in a window.

This little chap was watching everything going on.
I got permission from his parents to use his photo on my Internet blog.


All attention was now on the skies over Cleethorpes Beach.  Various flying
displays went on during the afternoon.

I've finished my post for this event with a photo of two of the people that it's
all about, the veterans and also all the serving members of our Armed Forces past and present.

Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 12-100mm Pro Lens.


5 comments:

  1. It's good to see this second set of photos from this collection, and they are marvelous! You always do such a great job of representing the people in your community. This must be a wonderful event and it certainly seems to honor the armed forces personnel nicely. I always feel like this type of event is good for a community. The photo of the baby is my favorite. Precious! Great post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann, I value your comments. I thought you'd like the baby pic, when I took it felt it would be the standout image from the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really captured the occasion. Always good to see those veterans face, quite a contrast to the cadets - says a lot about life. Superb photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike, it's one of my favourite events in Cleethorpes. The weather was superb this year too.

      Delete