Tuesday 9 August 2016

Kingston Upon Hull. The Old Town.

This is the last posting from our day out at Hull.  These pictures are my favourites from the trip as they show old  buildings and cobbled streets.

This street is called Posterngate and the building used to be a sugar mill.

All the streets around this quarter have old cobbles.

I could have removed the road sign in Photoshop but it's there and part of the scene
and I don't approve of "improving" a scene.


This door really caught my attention.

Here we get a glimpse of the modern Shopping Mall which contrasts with the old
red brick buildings. I know which I prefer.


In 2017 Hull becomes the City of Culture, as depicted on this colourful sign.

I hope you enjoyed the images from Hull in Yorkshire.  They were all taken on my Panasonic G6 with a 14-140mm zoom lens.
Our next out of area outing is tomorrow, we're going to Manchester in Lancashire.


No comments:

Post a Comment