It was restored in 1861 by the Louth Architect James Fowler for the local Haigh family.
The Chancel is highly decorated with Minton tiles on the floor, walls and the reredos. The colourful style is oriental.
The oldest part of St. Martin's is the tower which is mentioned in the Doomsday Book of 1086.
St. Martin's Church is no longer used for regular services and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
|The view from the Nave looking into the Chancel.|
|The Chancel is decorated throughout with Minton Tiles.|
|Choir stalls lit only by candlelight.|
|The view from the Chancel looking back into the Nave.|
|Steps leading up to the Pulpit.|
|One of several carved heads.|
|Detail of the Minton Tiles.|