The church is small and consists of a small Chancel, Nave and has a Belcote.
The origins of the building are from the 12th Century. The main reason for visiting Saint Edith's Church is to see the 15th Century Rood Screen, the oldest in Lincolnshire, which has been restored in recent years.
|The 15th Century Rood Screen.
|Carved pew ends.
Although the church is in an isolated, lonely situation people still care for it. These fresh
flowers were in a niche in the nave wall.
|A simple but attractive Lancet window.
|The font is built into the floor of the church.
|Detail of the ornate font lid.
|The Rood Screen with ornate tracery in the arches below.
This is the rear view of the screen and the gallery can be seen above the arches.
A white sheet hangs over the doorway to the left, that leads from the stairs and out
onto the gallery.
View from the Chancel looking back through the Nave to the west end window.
These brasses in the Chancel are in memory of William
Butler and his wife, they date from 1653.
|The small Chancel.
|View from the pulpit.
|The pulpit was lit by candles originally.
|The original stone floor with an inscription in the large stone slab in the foreground.
As you leave the church there is a Royal Coat of Arms dating from 1635.
Badly faded now, but would have been an impressive sight in all it's glorious colours.
|This Saxon door is the only way in or out of the church.
On the south side of the church is an impressive urn commemorating the Maltby family.
Saint Edith's Church is very small but has a lovely atmosphere.
All interior pictures taken on an Olympus EM10 Mk2 camera with 9-18mm lens.