Saturday 10 November 2018

A short walk around Louth. (Part One)

While my wife + her friend Melvia headed for the shops I took my dog Suzi for a  walk and, hopefully, get a few photo's.  We started in the town centre.


Two well known shops in Louth, I'm assured by my friends at Louth P.S. that the
one on the left is not a repro window but is an original design from way back.


An old establishment in the Market Place.

This is "Pawnshop Passage" which leads into another
smaller collection of niche' shops.

Local Optician's shop window.

The Italianate clock tower is that of the Old Indoor Market.  Still houses a really good
Market but has been superseded by another more modern one nearby.

This chap is a well known character, often seen around the town centre.

Scotts Jewellers on the corner of Queen Street.

A very old wall mural on the side of Scotts' shop wall.

A short alleyway linking Mercer Row with the Market Place.

A welcoming establishment along this alleyway.

Just at the entrance to a none descript alleyway is this graffiti. 
(Please excuse some of the wording, I didn't want to crop it out).

Eve & Ranshaw's windows already dressed for Christmas.


 A few days after November 5th they have surplus stock to sell. 

A familiar roofline, St. James Church spire on the left, the tallest Parish Church
spire in England.


In the next set I'll be showing images from areas of Louth I've never seen before.

Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 12-100 Pro lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment