Saturday 6 April 2019

Something a bit "Fishy".

February & early March were quite productive for me with nice weather, plenty of photo opportunities and pictures.  Since then my photography has slipped into the doldrums with very little time or inspiration to go taking photographs, plus very dull days.  Consequently I've not had anything new to post on my blog.

However, I've started fishing again (I'm not a winter angler) and have enjoyed a few days by the waterside so, I've dug out a few fishy pictures taken on previous trips, in previous years, to make a post.

Obviously I didn't take these pictures, I can only claim credit for catching a few fish.



"Common Carp"

"Mirror Carp"

Another Common.
A Mobile 'phone pic.

All of the following pictures are from "Ashby Park" fishing lakes.





Flag Irises.




9 comments:

  1. You suit a good floppy hat David ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for a nice feather to stick in it, a Pheasants t,ail feather maybe, or an Ostrich feather? 😯

      Delete
  2. I’d say you are a successful angler to have caught such a sizable fish! Maybe you’ve come by your skill naturally from your father even though he did a very different kind of fishing. The pond is beautiful and very peaceful looking, a good place to sit and watch the world go by. Lovely photos and it’s delightful to see you enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, the fishing, at times, is the only thing that keeps me going. It's very calming & often catching a fish comes secondary, this week I've seen Kingfishers, Herons, Buzzards and I've been hearing Woodpeckers drumming to attract a mate.
      Now G+ has gone I don't know if you see my replies via the blog, if you do please say, if only on this blog post. If I don't hear from you then I'll know not to reply.

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about fishing but you seem to have some very impressive catches there - and what a lovely spot to spend some time. Looking at the scenery I can understand the pleasure of fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you getting out fishing again. We have a lot of happy fisher people in our family. I mostly take pictures of them. These photos are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David. I’m glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed some fishing again. The pond must be well stocked and it is sure a pretty place to be for a quiet day of fishing. I don’t always get notifications of follow up comments but I do check back. Best wishes for more successful outings and I hope you and your camera get back together soon! You seem to have good luck accessing interesting historic places and those posts are always enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to get in touch with nature - good medicine for many things! Another showery day her in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very heavy prolonged showers here, standing water on roads in some places. No flooding that I know of but North Yorkshire have had a horrendous amount of rain & flooding, as you will have seen on TV.

    ReplyDelete