Friday 21 October 2022

Out and about.

I took these photo's in the weeks leading up to my spell in hospital so they are mainly out of season. 

People who follow my blog will be familiar with pictures of my dog Suzi and references to places we visit with her.  Well, Suzi was ill while I was in hospital and had to be put to sleep on the day I came home.  We miss her dearly.

A selection of photo's taken on different short trips out and about.

The Plough Inn, Tetney village.


Station House, North Thoresby.  Private residence.

The platform at the North Thoresby end of the Lincolnshire Wolds Railway line.

New Inn, North Thoresby.
 


Oak Leaves.


A few woodland scenes.



This year's new lambs.



A local touring caravan site getting ready for an event.



All taken on a Panasonic TZ 100 compact camera.


7 comments:

  1. Oh David, I'm so very sorry to read about Susie. That must have made your homecoming very sad. They leave such a hole in our lives, don't they? Your photos are gorgeous as always. I love the rural lane, the sheep and the trees. The studies of the oak leaves are beautiful as are the fine old traditional buildings and station. Thank you again for giving me lovely views of home. I hope you are on the mend now and feeling better. Will there be another dog to share these glorious walks with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Val, at the moment we don't think we'll be getting another dog.

      Delete
  2. Hello David, very sad news about your Suzie. Dogs are such good buddies with big personalities aren't they, as Vallypee says, there must be a hole for now. If there is a doggy heaven, she'll be there with a chewy bone, a good walk and a smile on her face. As always, splendid pictures of Lincolnshire. I especially love the field and woodland one xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to be seeing your wonderful photos once again. As always, you have found interesting subjects and beautiful scenery, capturing the best in each. I am so sad to learn about Suzi for I know what she has meant to you. The loss of a beloved pet is so hard. My heartfelt condolences. Ann K.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, we miss her.

      Delete
    2. I seem to have missed this post somehow. Super photos, as always, but so sorry to hear the news about Suzi. As a dog lover myself I know how much you and your wife must miss her. All good wishes.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Mike, it's always hard but Suzi was special.

    ReplyDelete