Sunday 1 August 2021

In the valley at North Ormsby. (1 of 2).

 We visit North Ormsby fairly regularly so on this occassion

I photographed some of the old buildings and the Flora & Fauna.

This building is at the entrance to an old, dissused limestone quarry.

The weighbridge office where trucks would be weighed with their loads.



On the day we were there Butterflies were abundant.



A favouroute tree down in the valley.

A good friend of mine, who looks at my blog, knows I like to
photograph fences.


Another fence.

Olympus EM1 Mk2 + 12-40mm Pro lens.




4 comments:

  1. Fences are indeed good subjects and you always capture them artistically. The abandoned industrial properties are always interesting and I wonder if they will ever find another use. They seem to be built to last. The single tree makes a striking scene and I can see why it’s a favorite. Well done, as always. Glad you are out with your camera once again,

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still visiting the usual areas, not brave enough to go further afield, so I'm trying not to repeat what I've photographed on previous visits. It's actually making me see new things, thanks for your comments Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weighbridge office looks like it would make a nice home for someone. I guess the old weighbridge is still in place. I like the butterfly photos. Interesting what you have written to Ann about seeing new things, I think that is very true. There's usually something different to see, no matter how many times we have visited places.
    Enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the pics, thank you. Yes, the weighbridge itself is still there, just visible to the left in my picture. I'd love to get into the quarry, there are one or two places where I can get a peep into it and it looks like some bits of machinery remain. There's nothing to prevent me just walking in, its wide open. I know that its not trespassing if access open but I'm not brave enough to test that theory. As a retired police officer you will know more about that.

      Delete