Monday 1 June 2020

Garden images during "isolation".

All my Spring garden flowers have finished, but the summer flowers are beginning to bloom and our Clematis has two flowers open and many more in bud.  The Welsh (or Icelandic) Poppies flowered very early and will do so until the frosts so I've started off with a couple of them. 

I've found that bright sunlight makes flower photography very difficult, these were taken in the evening, after the sun had gone down behind some distant houses.







Eventually the light failed and stopped play, the moon is out!


Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 14-42 EZ Mzuiko lens.
All taken at 400 ASA.

4 comments:

  1. I think you have found the perfect light and shadows! Love these colors and you’ve captured wonderful details as well. I wouldn’t say the light failed but continued to evolve to give a perfect night sky😊. I’m happy that you are finding things to photograph during this time and flowers always seem to bring optimism that at least some things are right in the world. As you probably know, American cities are burning and there is much grief. So thanks for flowers, David! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been concerned to see the distressing scenes in America and was wondering if you had any of the protests near you. I hope not.
      I've been photographing the new flowers emerging in my garden as we move into summer, there's very little else to photograph until we can travel safely. Our government has relaxed the restrictions a little but we don't feel confident to venture out just yet.
      So, garden flowers will be the order of the day for a while yet. I'm trying to feature a particular flower or leaf pattern for each post, to mix things up a bit.
      My garden and flowers are helping us through these strange times and I hope they bring a little joy to you too. Stay safe 😊

      Delete
  2. Hello David. Always interesting to see your flower photos - and what a lovely sky in your final photo. That's something we don't see very often living in a valley. It has been another sunshine day here, but I believe it's on the change from tomorrow.
    Hope you and your wife are coping well.
    All good wishes.
    All good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mike, the long sunny spring weather has helped us through this pandemic but, as you say, I hear it's about to change.
    Stay safe, David.

    ReplyDelete