Friday 1 September 2023

Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway.

 Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway is a narrow gauge railway operating close to the sea at Cleethorpes.  Using mainly steam Locomotives to pull passenger coaches, on the day I visited they were using a motor driven replica of a diesel shunting engine.


One of two stations currently in use on the railway, this one is adjacent to the Cleethorpes 
Leisure Centre along the seafront.

A train is due in.

The train is approaching the platform, being hauled by "Rachael" today.


The driver has to uncouple the engine and use the loop to reposition it at the other end of
the carriages to make the return journey.


Now reversed away from the carriages.



The controls in Rachael's driver's cab.

A memorial stone in memory of the railway's 1st Chairman, I took this photo of it as I 
thought it was a nice touch to use "arrived" & "departed" for Ted.

The engine makes it's way along the loop to re-join the line of coaches.



Reversing back from the loop to approach the coaches.

And finally being secured to the coaches and having the airline, which operates the brakes
re-connected.

Now pulling out for the return journey.



On leaving the station I met a young lady with her delightful Cavalier/Poodle,
a Cavypoo!!

Nikon Z50 + 16-50mm lens.


8 comments:

  1. That’s a nice thing to do on a sunny day, David. I like Rachel’s vivid green too. Have you ridden on it yourself, or it geared to children? The little dog is sweet, but there’s not much Cavalier in that one by the looks of it. She’s more like lovely Popcorn than your beautiful Susie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to take our children on this railway but now they're grown up I don't have an excuse to go on myself.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy a narrow gauge railroad, actually all trains and especially steam. This looks like a delightful way to spend some time on a nice day. I’m surprised to see that the control panel looks relatively simple. I agree that the memorial stone is quite nice and clever as well. The dog photo is of course excellent, and the composition of it including the single braid is delightful, Well done, as always. I hope that autumn starts a new and better year for you all around. Goodness knows you deserve it. The change of seasons always seems like a good opportunity for a fresh start. All my best, Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, they usually have steam locomotives on this little railway, but noy that day. It's a year since my operation and today I had my annual check up and review with the nurse in charge of the care team. All is well with me, recent blood tests and CT scans show no sign of the cancer.
      As you say, it's a new year starting for me, take care.

      Delete
  3. I seem to have missed this post somehow - must be getting old or something. This must be heaven for children - and how great that you were able to take your own children there when they were small. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Mike, I have " senior moments" too. Thanks for commenting, take care. David

      Delete
  4. What a cute Cavypoo! When I don't know the breed of a dog, I call them a generic 'doggypoo' ;) The little trains look like great fun. My little nephews are train obsessed and would flip out if they saw them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The railway has been here for many years and is very popular with our visitors. Thanks for commenting Lulu.

      Delete