Tuesday 19 September 2023

Lincolnshire Wolds Tractor run 2023 (Part 1)

 I took these photo's earlier in the summer at a tractor run raising money for Marie Curie Nurses.  I got a bit carried away as my favourite subjects to photograph are things with bold shapes and colour + interesting people.

After pruning down a lot of pics from the trip I still had too many for one blog post so I've split it into two posts.  This was the first trip out with my Nikon Z50 camera.

All kitted out ready for the run.


The tractors gathered at a farm  in the Wolds before the run.  These are mainly new tractors,
some are from a local agricultural tractor company.



This shows the complicated but versatile power take off
connections on modern tractors.

The burger van was very popular.

These convex mirrors always fascinate me.

It's always a chance to catch up with friends.

A lovely John Deere next to a modern tractor.


The main area where the tractors gathered.

An old Massey Ferguson. 

These entries were decorated in the colours of the Marie Curie Nurses.
I could use one of those Hi-Viz jackets!


I like to find small items of interest.

This man was being interviewed by BBC Look North.

The first of a few "doggy pics".



The main theme for Matie Curie is Sunflowers.




Two more dogs that caught my eye.


(Part two will follow shortly.)

Nikon Z50 + 16 - 50 lens.


6 comments:

  1. What a great post, David. Lots of colour, tractors, dogs and daffodils! And all for a good cause. Enjoyed the post very much. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really fun event, thanks Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve really enjoyed both posts with the excellent tractor photos and the bold colors. Some of the tractors are like giant vintage toys! I also like the new banner photo you’re using. That’s a great street scene. It is sunflower season here and crowds of people gather at the fields to take selfies. I am very glad that you are enjoying being out with your camera and sharing so many fun shots. Best wishes as always, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, good to hear from you and I hope you're well. I go out as much as possible, Popcorn enjoys his walks and I carry a camera most times. David.

      Delete
  4. Who would have thought tractors could be so joyful! Sunflower man looks brilliant. I hope they made lots of money for this good cause :) x
    p.s. Loving the dogs and the extra details too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great event, not been to a tractor run before but pleased I did. I always look out for dogs, pleased you liked the pics of them. thanks for visiting & take care. David.

      Delete