Tuesday 5 December 2023

Autumn colours 2023.

 I took these photo's in early November at a favourite location.  The trees are all bare now, I should have posted them earlier.


The owner of this house grows Dahlias which he sells at the gate to raise funds for the church.

People out walking on what was a chilly but bright Autumn day.


Individual trees have such bright colours.

Popcorn loves being out in the countryside, he had his lead wrapped around him here so 
I "removed" it via Photoshop.  He's so lively I wouldn't dare remove it literally while out
on a country road.

Back on the lead he leads the way.


The tree on the left is a favourite and I look out for it in all seasons.


The low sunlight brings out the colours and long shadows.



More dog walkers.

A view out over the fields.

Nikon Z50 + 16-50mm lens.




8 comments:

  1. Autumn always brings such wonderful shades of colour. What a lovely walk this must be - something very special. I can imagine that Popcorn would love to run free, so much to see. All good wishes. Another dull, damp day in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Mike. Apart from one recent sunny day it seems to have been raining forever here in Cleethorpes. It makes life difficult for me as now I'm on my own I like to get out as much as possible. Take care, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still raining in Cornwall this morning, the road and paths are full of puddles. The rain must make life difficult for you - and Popcorn. Your life must be so different now. I often think of you. All good wishes. Hope the sun shines for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late here, David, but wow! It was worth the wait. What stunning photos. I would so love to see some sunny fields like that now. Like you, I feel as if it's been raining here forever. Your photos are quite lovely with all the autumn colours. Thank you so much. I can't remember a time when it wasn't soggy and wet here. Keeping Zoe clean is an uphill battle, usually ending in the shower, which she hates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pics were taken a short while ago but gales have removed most of the leaves now. There's certainly been lots of rain, all the little country lanes I frequent are thick with mud from the farms heavy machinery with verges chewed up so we have to look elsewhere to go walking, it's worse this year than previous years
      Popcorn has long legs to avoid having the dreaded bath but I often need to dip his feet and legs in a jug of water after a walk.
      Thanks for your comments Val, always worth waiting for.
      David & Popcorn

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colours and long shadows. I can see why Pocorn loves it so - the smells must be divine. Now I like the sound of that house selling dahlias at the garden gate :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The autumn colours were better this year, must have been all the rain. Thanks for commenting Lulu.

      Delete