Wednesday 25 May 2022

North Promenade, Cleethorpes.

 A walk along the Promenade in my home town of Cleethorpes, on a dreary Tuesday afternoon.  Lighting not too good and most of the businesses closed but we had the place mostly to ourselves.

A cargo vessel heading out of the Humber Estuary.

One of the new litter bins.

Nail Bar and general beauty therapies, I had a broken nail when I took this but, as they were
closed I had to sort it out myself!  A couple of minutes with a file in my garage soon sorted
it out and saved me some money!



The Mermaid Cafe, a Victorian structure.







North Promenade.

Olympus EM10 Mk2 _ 12-60mm Lumix lens.




6 comments:

  1. What a range of colours, designs and styles, David. I love the Victorian café, and the graffiti art is impressive. It needs trees, though. The front looks a little bleak without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the trees. I enjoy living by the seaside but have to go into the Lincolnshire countryside whenever possible to get my "green fix"!
      Thank you for commenting. 😊 🐕 🐢

      Delete
  2. Like your Cleethorpes photos, David, though it doesn't look too busy! We've been away along the coast for a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the North Promenade. We have three proms., north, central and South Prom. North Prom. has been in need of modernising since the heydays of the 1960's but still attracts visitors during the summer season.
      Hope you enjoyed your break away Mike. 😊

      Delete
  3. Super bright colours against a grey sky - wonderful pictures! I enjoy a bit of faded seaside glamour (I used to love photographing Brighton seafront on stormy days). I can understand how trees do not grow by the north sea - it gets a proper cold whipping in the winter :0 :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love colours, the stronger the better. Yes, it can get a bit nippy on our North Sea east coast, even on a warm day.
      Thanks for dropping by Lulu.

      Delete