Sunday 8 May 2022

Trees & Rapeseed.

 Some trees now have their buds breaking but we can still enjoy the skeletal shape of them for a while yet.  In the fields around Lincolnshire the "yellow peril" is almost in full flower, I refer to the crops of Rapeseed.  A very lucrative crop, grown for the oil the seed produced but at it's height gives off a very acrid "fragrance" !!

These pics were taken a couple of weeks ago, recent warm  weather has brought out all the leaves and the fields are ablaze with yellow from the Rape crops.


Reversing into the field with Nitrogen fertilizer pellets to spread on the land.




Spring is officially here when the cows arrive at Grainsby!
Here we see a calf creche.

The next few pics are of Rapeseed coming into flower, attractive to see, better from a distance.







Olympus EM10 Mk2 + 12-60 Lumix lens.


6 comments:

  1. You have beautifully captured the essence of spring in your Lincolnshire. While all photos are lovely, number 8 is absolutely marvelous! Those bare trees are stunning and the next shots give a sense of walking away. I’m still Anonymous Ann, but working on it with Google! Best wishes as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One benefit of Covid & social distancing is my new found appreciation of trees. The winter & Spring shows off their basic shape, I'm so pleased you picked out that photo, it's in a really favourite area called Beesby. A bit of a secret as hardly anyone goes there.
      Thanks for commenting "anonymous" Ann. 😊 🐕 🐢

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous photos, David. The one of the calf nursery could be a painting by an Old Master. As for the fields of Rapeseed, they make a stunning scene, but they give me horrible chest problems, so I have very mixed feelings about them. However, your beautiful photos make me forgive them. I also enjoyed the cloudscapes and the glorious old trees. Lovely altogether and a feast of a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rapeseed is now out in it's full "glory" and it stinks! Thanks for commenting, I appreciate when people take the time to leave a few words.

      Delete
    2. Nearly missed this post! What wonderful skies. As for the rapeseed, it always reminds me of Germany when I first went to meet her relatives. The fields were yellow where ever I looked - I'd never seen such such fields previously. Now they seem to be everywhere in England.

      Delete
    3. Yes, out Lincolnshire fields have been ablaze with the yellow peril but some are starting to lose their intense colour now. And, hopefully the strong aroma!!

      Delete