Sunday 3 March 2024

Waithe Lane.

 "Waithe (or Waythe) is a hamlet and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is on the A16, 1 mile (1.6 km) south from Holton-le-Clay".

(Above info courtesy of Wikipedia.)

Popcorn & I have been having a few walks along this lane recently.


A stand of Poplar trees, similar to the well known ones on the A16.

We rarely have a walk around our area without seeing someone out riding.


It's quite a windy sort of lane.


The Poplars seen from across the fields.

The lanes and roads have been badly chewed up over
winter where cars & tractors need to pull over to allow
other vehicles to pass.

Over head power distribution poles, some folk think they're a blight on the landscsape
but they don't bother me.


A few views across the countryside.  The land near the coast is very flat.



More Poplar trees.


And I'll finish with an all too common scene along our rural lanes & fields.

Panasonic TZ 100 Compact camera.


8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful, calm scenery, David. I love the windy lanes and open expanses. We've also got loads of mud and chewed up pathways here. I can't even go into our nearest nature reserve with Zoe because of the standing water and the mud. What a shame people just dump their rubbish in the countryside too. That makes me so cross. Despite that, the photo you took of it was arresting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Val. This lane is our go to place just at the moment because there's plenty of room to get out of the way if a vehicle comes along.

      Delete
  2. By the way, you take wonderful skyscapes with that TZ 100. I have the TZ 70 and I'm a bit disappointed with it. It's not half as good as my old TZ5. I also dislike the fact I can't change the colour strength anymore. I used to have settings ranging from cool to vivid, but that seems to have gone and I now have to select a scene type for each photo. Does the Tz 100 have that too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple of the TZ zoom compacts and gave my daughter a TZ 70 when I got the TZ100. They are fine for a carry round camera. Try under exposing by a third of a stop via the exposure compensation setting on bright sunny days, as that not only boosts the colours but calms down the highlights to let more detail record.

      Delete
    2. I've had a look at my TZ100 and I think the colour adjustment you refer to is "Photo Style". I Googled your camera (TZ70) and it has these settings too. They range from standard through vivid to other choices. I've included a link to the user guide for your camera showing where to find the settings and how to use them.
      https://support-uk.panasonic.eu/app/answers/detail/a_id/8950/~/how-can-i-change-the-photo-style-on-my-lumix-camera%3F

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much indeed, David. I'll have a look at that. Maybe it's just something I've missed before. Bless you!

      Delete
  3. Good to see the Poplars and other trees, what a lovely walk. Shame about the dumped bits by the side of the road. - sadly it happens in my area as well. Enjoyed your photos as always. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. Since taking these pics the pile of rubbish has been removed, but another lot has been dumped on the one safe place to park a car. So I haven't been back there.
      The lanes are beginning to dry out now and we have other options for our walks. Take care, David

      Delete