Monday 28 February 2022

After the storms.

 The gales and  storms we've been having have now abated and the weather has improved, so we had a drive out into the Lincolnshire countryside.



A small copse of trees.

An example of a hedge that's been "layed"  and some coppiced trees.


The Snowdrops are mainly  "going over" now but I found this area in shade that were still fresh.



In my last post I left a link to this thatched cottage being re-thatched a few years ago.
This is how it looks now the thatch has weathered.

St. Helens Church, Brigsley. 


Horses are a common site around the lanes of Lincolnshire.


Waltham Windmill, renowned for being one of the few remaining
six sailed windmills in the country.


The remaining pics are from Grainsby, a familiar place to blog viewers. 




 

Olympus EM10ii + 12-40 Pro Lens.


6 comments:

  1. Oh DAvid, these are heart-wrenching photos for me. I adored living in Lincolnshire. Actually, in Fulbeck (I think that's how it's spelt). My friend and I rented a flat in Fulbeck Hall/House (can't remember exactly) and we loved wandering around the country lanes. Your photos bring back lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm very proud of my county and local area so I appreciate what you say. Glad they brought back happy memories.

      Delete
  2. Good to see your photos, so much that appeals to me - windmills, churches, those wonderul trees, thatched cottage and so on. Thanks for all of the photos, takes my mind away from the news, there is still beauty and goodness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Mike, very much appreciated. Yes, the news is very depressing, just as we might have been emerging from the Covid situation something far worse occurs. Take Care.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful collection of photos, David! Spring is truly on the way to your lovely Lincolnshire. I’ve always said that you are the perfect ambassador for your area with your wonderful landscapes and captures of so many interesting things that represent the county. As you say, the world news is depressing and full of heartbreak so it is good to look around and see what nature has in store. Thank you and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thanks for your comments, appreciated as ever. Our little trips into the countryside around us help us to cope with things just now, but whatever our problems are, they pale into insignificance compared to the people of Ukraine. We feel so sad when we see their President on TV pleading for help.
      Take care Ann.

      Delete