Sunday 17 May 2020

Deserted Cleethorpes Beach (?).

The UK government has changed the "Lockdown" restrictions to allow travel, anywhere in England, for people to go somewhere for exercise.  Travel can only be for the one day but Social Distancing must still be exercised.
I took these pictures in a previous year on a very pleasant February day, to show our beach, devoid of visitors and how we like to use it in the winter.  During the lockdown this is how it's been, but now visitors are flocking in again!






Olympus EM10 Mk2.


4 comments:

  1. We drove to a nearby beach this morning for the first time since lockdown. There are several beaches locally so there were only a few other walkers - mostly with their dogs.
    I can imagine people will now visit the seaside resorts like Cleethorpes.
    Hopefully the easing of the lockdown won't be abused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still staying home so don't know if people came here over the weekend, but I'm told only a few more did.

      Delete
  2. I like the new banner photo, that is beautiful! Also like the shadowy pier shots. To see the US beaches you would never know there was a pandemic. Crowds, very few masks, group games and so on. I don’t understand the defiance, or lack of common sense. Locally, I feel more secure because for the most part people are being cautious and businesses have strict guidelines in place. It now requires a scheduled appointment to shop at the local garden center. This controls the number of shoppers. I’m grateful to be well even though some days boredom catches up with me. I do miss restaurants, coffee shops and bookstores😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange times indeed, I sometimes feel this is all a dream.
      Hopefully, in the future, we'll look back and wonder if it really occurred. Boredom is my main problem too, keep safe.

      Delete