Friday 22 May 2020

"The Last Post"? Maybe.

Thimbleby Village.


I'm finding it harder by the day to get new pictures to post.  I started the blog in 2013 and the very first post, on the 30th of January was of a little known village in Lincolnshire called Thimbleby.  

So, hoping no-one has been a viewer of this blog since day one, (but if there are any then thank you very much), I've copied and repeated the post here.  As the BBC often say, this is "an opportunity to see it again"!  

(If this is received fairly well I may repeat the excercise.)


Main street.
The attractive little village of Thimbleby is situated close to the Market town of Horncastle in the Lincolnshire Wolds.  It is a short drive off the A158 Horncastle to Wragby road on the B1190.
The thatched and period cottages are along the main street through the village, well worth a visit.  I took these pictures during the summer of 2012.




One of the attractive houses.

Quite a few houses are thatched.












Looking down the main street towards the church.  The church has major structural problems and is off limits to the general public.





4 comments:

  1. What a delightful village, love the thatch and also the church looks interesting.
    I hope this isn't your 'last post' though I can understand your reasoning. It's not easy to keep a blog going under lockdown. I'm lucky as we do manage to get out to quiet spots, even walking from home.

    Whatever your decision I wish you well. Thank you for the pleasure your photos have given me. I've enjoyed my virtual visits to your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Mike, always appreciated. 😊 I don't like recycling old pics that would have been on the blog before and pictures taken in my garden. I hope to be able to get out soon but if not I'll just leave my blog open until we can.

      Delete
  2. I could look at these photos a dozen times and enjoy them each time! The village is lovely. When I can’t think of anything new to photograph I head for the internet and try to learn new photo techniques on simple household objects. I have had fun shooting closeups of fabrics in the house, books, textures, anything really. I’m certain you will find something!

    ReplyDelete