Sunday 14 April 2024

One Misty, Moisty Morning.

 Inspired by the song of the same name by Steeleye Span, I took these photo's on a cold, foggy morning in February.

The first few pics taken at Haverstoe Park in Cleethorpes.


In the car park at the start of our walk.


Kids play area.


Quite few dogs out for walks.

The next few pics where taken the same morning, along South Promenade, Cleethorpes.




Mainly Bed & Breakfast guest house along here plus some apartment blocks.

The tide was in, a couple enjoying a quiet walk.



Even on a cold February there were some hardy souls making sand castles.
Of course, they were residents, we're a hardy lot on the east coast!

The Kingsway, Cleethorpes.

Panasonic Lumix TZ100 Compact camera.


5 comments:

  1. Oh David, these photos are fabulous. What incredibly evocative photos. I particularly liked the one of the family making sandcastles on the beach in the cold and mist. Wonderful. The last one is also quite magical, almost like a period photo. You really are a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I love Steeleye Span's music. All Around My Hat was such a joyful song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS. Do you ever go to Lincoln? If you ever do, would you take some canal photos there for us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, thank you for your lovely comments. My last 3 years of working for BT was at Lincoln telephone exchange and I spent most of my lunch breaks walking around the Brayford Pool and the River Witham area. I haven't been back to Lincoln since I retired but have been thinking I my have a day there soon.
    Steeleye Span had some great songs and I really liked Maddy Priors voice.
    Take care, David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, enjoyed the the foggy photos very much. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete